Environmental Auditing and Appraisal
Igne’s environmental auditing and appraisal services are conducted by our experienced geo-environmental experts and are a valuable tool for businesses of all sizes. By identifying and managing environmental risks, businesses can protect themselves from financial losses, reputational damage, and legal liability.
Our services can also ensure your compliance with environmental legislation and improve your environmental performance. Environmental auditing and appraisal services are a systematic and comprehensive assessment of the environmental condition on site, and we can identify and assess environmental risks, recommend mitigation measures, and ensure compliance with environmental legislation.
Our services can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- To assess the environmental condition of a site prior to purchase or development
- To identify and manage environmental risks associated with a site or project
- To ensure compliance with environmental legislation
- To improve environmental performance
Our environmental auditing and appraisal services include:
MMP / SWMP
Material Management Plans (MMPs) and Site Waste Management Plans (SWMPs)
A material management plan is a document that sets out how materials will be managed on a construction site in order that those who are developing a site can comply with Environment Agency regulations for excavated ground materials.
A site waste management plan is a document that sets out how waste will be managed on your construction site. SWMPs are typically required for sites where a significant amount of waste will be generated.
Our site waste management plans include the following:
- A waste audit to identify the types and quantities of waste that will be generated on site
- Procedures for handling, storing and disposing of waste
- Contingency plans in case of an unexpected increase in waste generation or an accidental spillage or release
Igne has the in-house capabilities to produce MMPs and SWMPs and can also provide a ‘Qualified Person’ to review MMPs prepared by others (as part of the process outlined in the current code of practice). Site supervision can be provided to ensure compliance with the MMP and/or SWMP and a Verification Report produced on completion.
Site Environmental Audits (SEAs)
An SEA is a systematic and comprehensive assessment of the environmental condition of a site. SEAs are typically required for sites that have been used for industrial or commercial purposes, or where there is a risk of contamination.
Our site environmental audits include:
- A review of your site's history and current use
- An assessment of the potential for contamination
- A site inspection to identify any potential environmental hazards
- Sampling and testing of soil, water and air (if required)
- A report detailing the findings of the audit and recommendations for any further actions
Why choose Igne for your environmental auditing and appraisal needs?
We are trusted by major retailers and property developers in the UK and have a proven track record of providing high-quality environmental auditing and appraisal services. Our team includes experienced and qualified auditors and we are committed to helping our clients identify and manage their environmental risks.
Benefits we offer our clients include:
- Technical expertise: Our auditors have a deep understanding of environmental legislation and best practices.
- Experience: We have extensive experience of conducting environmental audits and appraisals for a wide range of end clients.
- Independence: We are an independent company, so our advice is impartial and unbiased.
- Customer service: We are committed to providing our clients with a high level of customer service.
You have questions?
We have answers!
Frequently asked questions
Q: When is a site environmental audit required?
A: A site environmental audit is typically required for sites that have been used for industrial or commercial purposes, or where there is a risk of contamination. SEAs are also often required for sites that are being redeveloped or where there is a change in land use.
Q: How much does a site environmental audit cost?
A: The cost of a site environmental audit will vary depending on the size and complexity of the site, as well as the scope of the audit. However, we offer competitive rates for our services.
Q. Why are environmental auditing and appraisal services important?
A. Environmental auditing and appraisal services are important for many reasons. Firstly, they can help you to identify and manage the environmental risks associated with your site or project. This can help to protect your business from financial losses, reputational damage and legal liability.
Secondly, environmental auditing and appraisal services can help you to comply with environmental legislation. Many businesses are required to comply with environmental regulations, and environmental auditing and appraisal services can help you to ensure that you are meeting your obligations.
Finally, environmental auditing and appraisal services can help you to improve your environmental performance. By identifying and managing your environmental risks, you can reduce your environmental impact and improve your sustainability credentials.
If you are looking for a reliable and experienced provider of environmental auditing and appraisal services, please contact Igne today. We will be happy to discuss your requirements and provide you with a free quote.