An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Finance Team, based at our Ross-on-Wye location, for a Management Accountant to join Team Igne to work directly with the Financial Controller.
You will be responsible for all financial aspects of management reporting and project control, working in conjunction with operational managers, project staff and other members of the finance team to ensure reliable & accurate financial reporting.
Assisting the Financial Controller to fulfil the needs and obligations of the business.
- Preparation of the monthly Management Accounts to strict deadlines, including supporting analysis and investigation into variances.
- Reconciliation of key Balance Sheet accounts.
- Liaising with operational staff to maintain up to date sales forecasts and margin analysis.
- Reporting of project performance including Actual and Forecast vs Budget, with ongoing analysis of the progress of key projects, variance analysis, forecasting, and planning.
- Creation, maintenance and evolution of control spreadsheets and reconciliations to support operational project analysis.
- Preparation of business cases to support exceptional expenditure (e.g. CAPEX)
- Work closely with department leaders to produce an annual budget and monitor throughout the year to highlight variances.
- Prepare and maintain accurate cashflow forecasting.
- Preparation of reconciliations and schedules at the year-end in preparation for the audit process.
- Monthly and Annual reporting to include year end and audit support.
- Providing Financial Support as part of a team in the creation of project bids and tenders, including the production of project budgets and forecasts, confirming financial accuracy, production of project cashflow forecasting, adherence to local taxation and regulatory matters, where necessary, and providing financial scenario planning.
- Continuous development and improvements on the financial processes in order to support all above activities.
- Aid with the implementation and transition to a new accounting system.
- Ad hoc tasks to support Finance and Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Knowledge and experience of creation of Management Accounts and preparing accounts.
Strong Excel skills, daily use including vlookups & pivot tables.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
Role: Management Accountant
Location: Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire
Hours: Full time 37.5hrs
Benefits: 25 days' holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are Igne Group Limited, a synergetic amalgamation of six companies, renowned within our respective fields, with over 350 years of combined experience. A one-stop-shop for pre- and post-construction services. Igne’s six service categories are: site investigation, testing, unexploded ordnance, water wells, geothermal, and geo-environmental.
Igne was formed to offer actionable insight and critical services available on time, on budget, and on scope. By uniting SafeLane UK UXO, WB&AD Morgan, Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical (including the Northern branch), Terra Tek, DTS Raeburn, and Allied Exploration and Geotechnics, Igne offers strength in depth and breadth of services and capabilities. It offers stand-alone or fully integrated services and can support an entire project’s lifecycle.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE