Igne's thermogeological baseline reviews study the existing thermal and geological conditions of a site before any geothermal solution is designed and installed .
Benefits of a thermogeological assessment
If you are considering using geothermal energy, it is important to have a thermogeological assessment (baseline) performed. This will help you and your geothermal energy design consultant to determine the feasibility of tapping into geothermal energy at your site, and it will also provide you with information about the type of geothermal system that is best suited for your needs.
We can provide you with a thermogeological assessment of your ground’s capacity to deliver heat to a heat pump.
A thermogeological assessment includes the following:
- A review of existing geological and hydrogeological data.
- A site visit to conduct field surveys and collect data.
- Analysis of the data to determine the geothermal potential of the site.
- A report that outlines the findings of the assessment and provides recommendations for the development of a geothermal system.
- It identifies any drilling hazards or other issues that need to be considered for the design of your borehole.
- It helps us, or your consultant, calculate the length of a ground loop if appropraite.
All reports are based on geological interpretation by a chartered geologist using data from maps and national archives and databases.
Why should I have a thermogeological assessment performed?
Thermogeological assessments can help you to:
- Determine if geothermal energy is feasible at your site
- Identify the best type of geothermal system for your needs
- Save money on your energy bills
- Reduce your environmental impact
- Improve your property value
How long does a thermogeological assessment take?
The length of a thermogeological assessment will vary depending on the size and complexity of the site.
However, most thermogeological assessments can be completed within a few weeks.
Is a geothermal energy solution suitable for your site or property? A thermogeological baseline review can help you decide.