A Group Accountant opportunity has arisen to support the Financial Controller with the management of group finance reporting and analysis, including consolidated financial results, cash flow management, treasury functions, and group insurance requirements at our Gillingham, Kent location.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance of accounting records for holding companies within the group, and assisting with preparation of management reporting of other group entities.
- Maintaining accounting records and subsequent production of monthly management accounts for all non-trading holding companies within the group, in line with Group Financial Reporting.
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts for operational entities within the group, with supporting analysis and reconciliations.
- Monthly consolidation of financial results for all group entities into Group Management Accounts for reporting to CFO, CEO & Board, along with all necessary analysis and commentary.
- Group Treasury and cashflow management, including consolidation and analysis of group cashflow forecasting, liaising with group entities and banking partners, and management of group currency requirements.
- Management of all intergroup/intercompany balances including reconciliation and investigation of amounts.
- Management of annual Group budget process, to include working closely with department leaders in producing budget figures, consolidation and analysis across the group, monitoring throughout the year, and development/improvement of budgetary procedure.
- Management of the group’s insurance requirements, including liaising with group entities and insurance brokers for renewal, quarterly updates throughout the year, and overall responsibility of ensuring adequate coverage.
- Maintenance of Group bank account listings and information.
- Production of year-end financial consolidation for audit, including reconciliations and supporting schedules, assisting with queries from auditors, and production of required statutory reporting.
- Continuous development, alignment, and improvement of finance policies, systems, and processes across the group to support all above activities.
- Other duties as directed by the Financial Controller, CFO, or CEO to fulfil the needs and obligations of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of UK GAAP
- Accounting for all areas of P&L and Balance sheet including taxation, direct and indirect
- Ability to prioritise effectively, efficiently and deliver to tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of IT systems and high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- At ease communicating across multiple Finance Teams and business areas
- Presentation and analysis of key financial matters
- Good technical accounting background
- Commercial awareness and focus
- Variance analysis
- Have experience of Group Consolidation of financial matters
- Working in multiple currencies
- Management Charge and Transfer Pricing transactions
- Maintenance and renewal of insurance policies
- Working with banking partners, understanding banking facilities
Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience and qualifications)
Development: Study package available if part-qualified
Benefits: 25days holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are Igne Group Limited, a synergetic amalgamation of six companies, renowned within our respective fields, with over 350 years of combined experience. A one-stop-shop for pre- and post-construction services. Igne’s six service categories are: site investigation, testing, unexploded ordnance, water wells, geothermal, and geo-environmental.
Igne was formed to offer actionable insight and critical services available on time, on budget, and on scope. By uniting SafeLane UK UXO, WB&AD Morgan, Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical (including the Northern branch), Terra Tek, DTS Raeburn, and Allied Exploration and Geotechnics, Igne offers strength in depth and breadth of services and capabilities. It offers stand-alone or fully integrated services and can support an entire project’s lifecycle.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
LocationUnit 3, The Courtyard, Campus Way,, Gillingham Business Park, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 0NZ
8:30am - 5:00pm
How to apply
Please Contact Sharon Hemingway - Head of HR
Contact NameSharon Hemingway