A Graduate Geologist opportunity has arisen to deliver wide ranging, high quality ground investigation service to a varied client base and participate in a diverse range of onsite ground investigation activities.
You will be based at our Aberdeen location and will be required to work outdoors in all weathers. There may be a requirement to work weekends and nights, occasionally.
This is your perfect role is you are a recent graduate with either no or minimal work experience. We will train you concerning everything you need to know.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Performing various tasks required within the site investigation sector in accordance with relevant standards.
- Supervision of fieldwork activities and drill crews, including organising and directing field operations (under the guidance of the Senior Project Engineer).
- Sampling and logging of soil and rock to professional/technical standards (BS5930/Eurocode 7/BS14688/BS14689).
- Undertake trial pitting and in situ testing.
- Factual reporting.
- Data management.
- Office based project management.
- Preparation of risk assessments and method statements (under the guidance of the Senior Project Engineer).
- iaising with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent attention to detail, well organised, confident working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Focus on quality and safety.
- Be flexible with a desire to work on different project sites across the UK.
- Full driver licence (travel is a requirement)
- Valid Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card.
Minimum BSc in a Geological, Geoenvironmental, or Geotechnical related discipline
Role Graduate Geologist
Hours Full time 40 hours per week
Benefits 21days holiday + bank holidays; continuous training and development; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are Igne Group Limited, a synergetic amalgamation of six companies, renowned within our respective fields, with over 350 years of combined experience. A one-stop-shop for pre- and post-construction services. Igne’s six service categories are: site investigation, testing, unexploded ordnance, water wells, geothermal, and geo-environmental.
Igne was formed to offer actionable insight and critical services available on time, on budget, and on scope. By uniting SafeLane UK UXO, WB&AD Morgan, Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical (including the Northern branch), Terra Tek, DTS Raeburn, and Allied Exploration and Geotechnics, Igne offers strength in depth and breadth of services and capabilities. It offers stand-alone or fully integrated services and can support an entire project’s lifecycle.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
LocationBadentoy Ave, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, AB12 4YB
How to apply
Please Contact Sharon Hemingway - Igne
Contact NameSharon Hemingway