Financial Controller Operations
A Financial Controller Operations opportunity has arisen to manage, monitor and report all financial aspects relating to the UK land drilling and ground investigation operations. Working with the Financial Controller to maintain and develop efficient financial management, as well as assisting with and facilitating financial decisions and planning.
You will be based at our Ross-on-Wye Hereford location and will be required to travel to other office locations throughout the UK.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Responsibility for the production of monthly Management Accounts for the UK Land Drilling and Ground Investigation businesses:
- Ownership of accounting adjustments such as accruals and prepayments
- Posting of monthly journals including appropriate narrative
- Maintenance and ownership of the fixed asset register
- Accurate and timely analysis of actual project spend vs budget
- Liaising with various department heads to understand variances for reporting upwards.
- Management of balance sheet reconciliations across the business units on a monthly basis.
- Significant involvement and assistance in providing information for interim and year-end audits as required.
- Assistance with business forecasting, planning processes and development of reporting spreadsheets. Tasks include but not limited to budget preparation, financial reporting, business case preparation, risk analysis, cashflow forecasting, VAT return production.
- Provide a financial focal point for the UK land drilling and ground investigation businesses.
- Management and direction of divisional finance staff, monitoring workloads and ensuring effective working across the team, as well as assisting in their development and training.
- Other duties at the direction of the Financial Controller to develop personal experience and skills, along with the provision of commercial support at the direction of the UK Land Managing Director and Group Chief Financial Officer.
- Monitoring and assistance with project costings and bid price models for new tenders and tender renewals with the ability to assess the impact of risks and present financial information concisely to management.
- Continual assessment of business risks and implementation of proactive mitigation methods to protect shareholder investment.
- Constant and effective financial communication to various stakeholders, encouraging cohesiveness and strong relationships across the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Possessing a commercial mindset, being able to understand the wider, strategic objectives of the organisation.
- General understanding of various Accounting Software Packages and their involvement in assisting with monthly Management Accounts production.
- Understanding of UK GAAP.
- Ability to successfully explain financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- High attention to detail when analysing financial information.
- Being able to work towards hard deadlines whilst maintaining the accuracy and integrity of work.
- Encouragement of collaboration between different departments and functions to drive the business forward.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts, reporting on variances as they arise.
- Working in a fast-paced environment, managing various stakeholder expectations.
- Successful implementation of financial controls and continual analysis of said controls to ensure they remain up to date and effective.
- Maintain Continued Professional Development within the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or other relevant professional body.
Role Financial Controller Operations
Location Ross-on-Wye Hereford
Hours Full time 37.5 hours per week
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are Igne Group Limited, a synergetic amalgamation of six companies, renowned within our respective fields, with over 350 years of combined experience. A one-stop-shop for pre- and post-construction services. Igne’s six service categories are: site investigation, testing, unexploded ordnance, water wells, geothermal, and geo-environmental.
Igne was formed to offer actionable insight and critical services available on time, on budget, and on scope. By uniting SafeLane UK UXO, WB&AD Morgan, Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical (including the Northern branch), Terra Tek, DTS Raeburn, and Allied Exploration and Geotechnics, Igne offers strength in depth and breadth of services and capabilities. It offers stand-alone or fully integrated services and can support an entire project’s lifecycle.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
LocationUnit 2, Phocle Business Park, Phocle Green, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 7XU
TitleFinancial Controller Operations
How to apply
Please Contact Sharon Hemingway - Igne
Contact NameSharon Hemingway