A Finance Manager opportunity has arisen in our Finance Team. This opportunity is a hands-on role delivering high quality accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, expenses and banking services.
You will be based at our Gillingham, Kent location and there may be occasional requirement to travel to other office locations throughout the UK.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Lead, manage, develop and mentor the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Banking teams.
- Manage the accounts payable function
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and expenses
- Pay suppliers to agreed terms
- Minimise and resolve matching errors
- Supplier set-up
- Reconcile supplier accounts to statements
- Provide KPIs, aged creditor reports and management information as required
- Manage the Accounts Receivable and Credit Control functions
- Oversee the processing of sales invoices and applications for payment
- Ensure the timely recording and application of debtor receipts against invoices
- Minimise overdue debt by proactive chasing of debtors and liaising with the business to resolve issues
- Debtor set up and credit checking new and existing accounts
- Provide aged debtor reports, KPIs and management information
- Manage the banking function
- Ensure bank reconciliations are performed on a timely basis and reconciling items are promptly cleared
- Present payment proposals for authorisation
- Load agreed payments into the banking system
- Cashflow management and forecasting
- Super-user for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Expenses, Banking.
- Develop and keep up to date processes, procedures and system work instructions for the functional areas responsible for
- Ensure that business units operate within the financial and business operating parameters in relation to approval routes and spend limits
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Practical understanding of Accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, expense processing and banking.
- Commercial awareness and have a good knowledge of Excel and ERP.
- Financial analysis & data manipulation.
- Must be detail oriented and aware of deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and have previous experience of managing a team.
- Construction industry
- Sage, Evision
- Ideally AAT qualified
Role Finance Manager
Location Gillingham, Kent
Hours Full time 37.5 hrs
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are Igne Group Limited, a synergetic amalgamation of six companies, renowned within our respective fields, with over 350 years of combined experience. A one-stop-shop for pre- and post-construction services. Igne’s six service categories are: site investigation, testing, unexploded ordnance, water wells, geothermal, and geo-environmental.
Igne was formed to offer actionable insight and critical services available on time, on budget, and on scope. By uniting SafeLane UK UXO, WB&AD Morgan, Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical (including the Northern branch), Terra Tek, DTS Raeburn, and Allied Exploration and Geotechnics, Igne offers strength in depth and breadth of services and capabilities. It offers stand-alone or fully integrated services and can support an entire project’s lifecycle.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
LocationUnit 3, The Courtyard, Campus Way, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 0NZ
How to apply
Please Contact Sharon Hemingway - Igne
Contact NameSharon Hemingway