Electrician / Pump Engineer
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint an Electrician / Pump Engineer to design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and components to required specifications, and plan, install and maintain electrical wiring systems.
About our opportunity
This role will be based out of our Presteigne location and will require you to work outdoors in all weathers and away from home. There may be a requirement to work weekends and nights, occasionally.
Key tasks include:
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial and domestic borehole systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring.
- Undertake borehole pump testing including mechanical and electrical connections and testing.
- Install borehole pumping and control systems on newly installed Domestic and Commercial borehole water supplies.
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic borehole systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards.
- Rewire faulty electrical systems on water pumping systems including water treatment.
- Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in borehole electrical systems without receiving explicit direction.
- Install electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations, including installing borehole pump power supplies from new and existing power supplies.
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers.
- Reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Ensure smooth running of day-to-day operations while compliant with statutory regulations, CDM regulations and good practice through the monitoring of standards and maintaining of records.
- Provide weekend cover on a rolling rota as required.
It is essential that you have a relevant Electrical/Engineering apprenticeship or HNC equivalent; your 18th Edition BS7671certification; no less than 2 years practical electrical experience; an awareness of H&S regulations, strong communication skills, are flexible, proactive, and adaptable to meet unexpected demands with tight time constraints and a full driver licence (travel is a requirement).
It will be beneficial if you have plant and specialist equipment knowledge, but not essential.
Role Installation Electrician /Pump Engineer
Hours Full time 44.5 hours per week
Salary £Competitive + overtime
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
Igne (formerly WD+AD Morgan) are one of the UK’s leading, independent providers of commercial and domestic drilling services. We provide the technical data and information required to design, drill, construct and maintain large water supply wells, reliable and efficient manner.
We are Igne Group Limited, a synergetic amalgamation of six companies, renowned within our respective fields, with over 350 years of combined experience. A one-stop-shop for pre- and post-construction services. Igne’s six service categories are: site investigation, testing, unexploded ordnance, water wells, geothermal, and geo-environmental.
Igne was formed to offer actionable insight and critical services available on time, on budget, and on scope. By uniting SafeLane UK UXO, WB&AD Morgan, Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical (including the Northern branch), Terra Tek, DTS Raeburn, and Allied Exploration and Geotechnics, Igne offers strength in depth and breadth of services and capabilities. It offers stand-alone or fully integrated services and can support an entire project’s lifecycle.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
LocationIndustrial Estate, Presteigne, Powys, LD8 2UF
TitleElectrician / Pump Engineer
How to apply
Please Contact Sharon Hemingway - Igne
Contact NameSharon Hemingway