A Drilling Assistant opportunity has arisen to be based at our Presteigne, Powys facility who will assist and support the Lead Driller with the operation of drilling, construction, and installation of water supply boreholes. The position will involve working outdoors in all weathers throughout the UK, across a variety of sites and sectors.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- To assist and support in the drilling, construction, and installation of water supply boreholes
- Working outdoors in all weathers
- Working weekends and night may be required occasionally
- Take direction from the Lead Driller on all aspects of the role
- Collaborate with other members of the team
- Travel extensively throughout the UK, staying away as required
- Potentially staying abroad in the future
- Transportation of drilling rig and specialist plant equipment
- Assist with set up and operation of the drilling rig and specialist plant equipment
- Maintain and carry out routine maintenance on equipment
- Maintain and ensure Health and Safety, always
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
It is essential that you have a CSCS card and hold a full driver licence (travel across the UK is required), have an awareness of general H&S regulations, are able to work within a high-pressured environment and can communicate effectively (written and verbal).
Full driver licence (travel is a requirement).
It is preferred that you have worked within a construction related environment, but not essential.
Role Drilling Assistant
Location Presteigne Wales
Hours Full time 44.5
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are Igne Group Limited, a synergetic amalgamation of six companies, renowned within our respective fields, with over 350 years of combined experience. A one-stop-shop for pre- and post-construction services. Igne’s six service categories are: site investigation, testing, unexploded ordnance, water wells, geothermal, and geo-environmental.
Igne was formed to offer actionable insight and critical services available on time, on budget, and on scope. By uniting SafeLane UK UXO, WB&AD Morgan, Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical (including the Northern branch), Terra Tek, DTS Raeburn, and Allied Exploration and Geotechnics, Igne offers strength in depth and breadth of services and capabilities. It offers stand-alone or fully integrated services and can support an entire project’s lifecycle.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE