We are recruiting an Assistant Driller to support the Lead Driller on the operation of drilling rigs and associated plant and equipment.
About our opportunity:
You will assist and support the Lead Driller on the operation of drilling rigs and associated plant and equipment, on both domestic and commercial water well drilling projects, to industry technical specifications and company procedures.
A summary of duties includes:
- To assist and support in the drilling, construction, and installation of water supply boreholes
- Working outdoors in all weathers
- Working weekends and night may be required occasionally
- Take direction from the Lead Driller on all aspects of the role
- Collaborate with other members of the team
- Travel extensively throughout the UK, staying away as required
- Potentially staying abroad in the future
- Transportation of drilling rig and specialist plant equipment
- Assist with set up and operation of the drilling rig and specialist plant equipment
- Maintain and carry out routine maintenance on equipment
- Maintain and ensure Health and Safety, always
It is essential that you have an awareness of general H&S regulations, are able to work within a high-pressured environment, can communicate effectively (written and verbal) and hold a full driver licence (travel across the UK mandatory).
It is preferred that you have worked within a construction related environment, but not essential.
Igne is one of the UK’s leading, independent providers of commercial and domestic drilling services. We provide the technical data and information required to design, drill, construct and maintain large water supply wells, reliable and efficient manner.
Role: Assistant Driller
Duration: Full-time permanent
Hours: 44 hours per week
Benefits: 25days holiday + bank holidays, subsistence allowances for working away from home, continuous development, 6months probationary period, auto enrolment pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, medical cash back plan and Death in Service scheme.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
Hand sanitiser and PPE is provided and social distancing is maintained wherever possible.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Other articles of interest
We are seeking to appoint a Lead Driller to organise equipment, and operate and run drilling sites on both domestic and commercial water well drilling projects.
Igne launch sees transformative merger of six leading companies to reshape pre-construction services in the infrastructure, energy and water sectors.